Ini merupakan salah satu pertanyaan seputar piping bilamana kita interview jadi piping engineer disamping pertanyaan mengenai flange management.
Tapi saya coy paste saja dan masih pake bahasa Inggris, tapi dengan google terjemahan bisa ditranslate ke Bahasa Indonesia
1. Can you explain in detail three or more major differences between code ANSI B31.1
and code ANSI B31.3?
2. There is a power plant inside a Process refinery. Where exactly the ANSI B31.1 &
ANSI B31.3 scope break occurs?
3. Which of the following piping system is more health hazardous. A) Fuel oil piping
b) Process piping with Caustic c) process piping with HF acid d) Sulphuric acid
4. There is a steam piping with low pocket but without steam trap. What will be
worst consequence of this layout?
5. In what circumstance, the reducer of a pump suction piping will be in bottom flat
position. Explain why the reducer should be so.
6. A P&ID shows a spec break (at Flange) between carbon steel & stainless steel
specification. What additional arrangements you have to make for that dissimilar
material flange joint?
7. A stainless steel piping specification mentions Galvanized carbons steel bolts.
What is your first reaction ti this and how do you rectify it?
8. How many types of piping speciality items do you know? Why it is called a piping
special? Why not we include them in standard piping specification.
9. Draw a typical steam trap station layout and explain why the existence of a
by-pass line around the trap is not a good idea, when the condensate is returning
to a condensate header?
10.Explain what is a “Double block & Bleed” valve? Why we need a bleed valve? When
do we use this?
11.In a typical tie-in where should the spectacle blind be inserted? a) after block
valve and towards existing plant b) before block valve and towards new plant.
12.“Stress intensification factor (SIF)” Where do we use this? Explain this term.
How many types of these SIF’s exist?
13. When all design parameters are same, whose thermal expansion is higher among the
following? A) Carbon steel b) Stainless steel c) Duplex steel d) Cast Iron e)
Galvanized Carbon steel
14.In a hose station the hose couplings used for water, air & steam should be
different type. Do you agree? Explain your view.
15.What is your view on the usage of Metallic expansion joints? When they become
necessary and when they could be avoided?
16.A water cooler heat exchanger, located on a 20 m high structural platform. Water
header is located u/g. What precaution do you take, in case of Pressure loss in
cooling water header?
17.In what order do you arrange the pipes in the Pipe rack and why? How much % of
area should be reserved for Future expansion? Specify a range.
18.When a utility line (like condensate or water etc) is connected permanently to a
process piping what precaution we have to take to avoid cross contamination?
19.A air fin cooler (2 air coolers with each having 2 inlet nozzles) needs a Typical
piping arrangement. How many types of piping arrangement is possible.